This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

WATERLOO REGIONAL POLICE

The following has been copied from a comment I made on an excellent website called the Cambridge Advocate. I am responding to a friend's posting today on the Cambridge advocate in which she recommends that Regional Council approve the most recent request for more funds from the Regional Police.


O.K. here goes. Bev: Hundreds of postings later and I finally found something I can disagree with you about. Firstly you’re right that police are a priority and should come way before LRT or any other fads of the day. BUT…..
In my humble opinion they are grossly unaccountable to you and I and Joe taxpayer on almost everything. Budgets & $$$$$ Two examples would be horses of all nonsensical things. When this was first being implemented I couldn’t believe the long term maintenance costs as well as the short term up front costs. These horses stank and yes they stank of horseshit, the political kind. Once again our beloved Regional Councillors want to be seen as innovaters and leaders. Secondly guns. yes guns. Literally for decades the City police (prior to regional gov’t) , Regional Police, U.S. State Police, and most of North American police did just fine with either Smith & Wesson or Colt 6 shot revolvers. To this day these model 10′s (S&W) and Colt Official Police are still in use and they are so durable, like the energizer bunny they just keep going. But they weren’t sexy enough. They weren’t badass enough. Revolvers only held six shots and some of the semi autos would hold 10 up to 16 or 17 bullets. Check the Regional Police statistics on use of firearms. Whether it’s putting down an injured deer or shooting an armed robber, one or two usually do the trick. If you need more than use the proper tool, such as a shotgun or rifle. Most importantly revolvers weren’t expensive enough. Remeber Bev nothing is too good , too expensive or too frivolous when it’s on the taxpayers dime. A new quality revolver nowadays could set you back around $500. In 1980 it was $229. A new Beretta or Glock semi auto starts around $1000 . That’s what the idiot police officer lost a couple of years ago outside Kitchener- Waterloo Collegiate on King St. in Kitchener. They’ve already charged one individual for the crime and lost in court. They are still looking for the gun. I repeat no accountability. Guess who’s on the civilian Police Board? Sure as heck not you or I or anyone unconnected politically will be on there. From what I’ve seen the Police Board are primarily lap dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment