This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

PROVINCIAL JUDICIAL SYSTEM CONTINUES TO UNIMPRESS



Today's Waterloo Region (K-W) Record advises us that the province of ontario have filed a Notice of Appeal to the Ontario Court of Appeal. The title of the story is "Ontario appeals judge's decision to strike minimum sentence". This original decision was described here in the advocate on February 14/12. The convicted person was in his cousin's locked apartment alone at 2 am. mugging in front of a camera while holding his cousin's gun. In stormed the police on another matter only to find this unfortunate fellow holding his cousin's gun. The three year minimum sentence clearly was out of all proportion to the "crime" and the Judge was very clear on that. The province and the Attorney general seem to feel otherwise and wish to send this person to jail for three years. Please explain to me not again but just once who exactly the victim is of this fellow's solo attempt to play cowboys and Indians for the camera, inside a locked apartment at 2 am..

No comments:

Post a Comment