This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, March 30, 2012

MACHINE GUN TOTING CHIMPS



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story " Light rail study as reliable as a "chimp with a machine gun"". Oh my but this Opinion piece by Peter Shawn Taylor really does make our Regional politicians look like a bunch of hicks with inflated egos. First off let me say that normally I find Mr. Taylor's politics a little to the right of mine. That being said I'd have to have a pretty closed mind not to find common ground of agreement with most people on at least some subjects. What Mr. Taylor is pointing out is that using a system called "multiple account evaluation" politicians are able to justify "empirically" just about any hair brained scheme to squander taxpayer funds that you can imagine. Mr Taylor quotes research done by Jeff Outhit of the Record which shows the difficulties that Provincial Ministry of Transportation planners had in obtaining straightforward information from the Region of Waterloo regarding their proposed Light Rail Transit (LRT). In a nutshell it appears as other commenters have suggested that the Regional politicians are more interested in being seen as innovaters and leaders by pursuing "legacy" projects that they can retire from politics with their names on. EGO is thy name and combined with POWER & AUTHORITY is what politics is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment