This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

HEALTH CARE GOLDEN PARACHUTE



The older I get the more obvious it becomes. We have at least two classes of citizens in this country namely the takers and the givers. The takers are connected via politics, money or friendship to those in power. They reserve the good jobs with all the perks not for the most qualified or honest but for friends and friends of friends who are connected. Today's Waterloo Region Record has this story: "Former health network boss paid $260,000 salary after losing her job". Hmm! I've never been paid that kind of money while working for years, day in and day out, anywhere. I guess whistleblowers and other honest people need not apply.

Sandra Hanmer worked at the Waterloo-Wellington Local Health Integration Network as the chief executive. She got paid that kind of money for 2011 after she was let go in 2010. Is all the blame to fall on her or should it be shared with whomever went along with that deal? Is this why we spend more and more tax dollars, year after year, for entirely mediocre and slow health care? Are contracts with sweetheart clauses or golden parachutes standard practice in the health care field? What the hell is going on and when will it stop? To say that these kinds of practices are unconscionable goes without saying. People in this country need health care and the financial resources must be used wisely, not given away for non attendance at high level jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment