This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

OUCH ! YOU MEAN TEACHER/UNION RHETORIC IS NOTHING BUT RHETORIC?



In today's Waterloo Region Record, Luisa D'Amato takes the Teachers'unions to task. She does it without rancor or malice. She does it calmly and politely. She indicates that their interpretation of "singling out" is nonsense. Further she makes it very clear that the unions' interests and their members interests decidely are not in anybody's best interests but they themselves. Finally she also states this: "Asking for a wage freeze, or for an end to lavish financial perks that never made sense, is not bullying. It's the McGuinty government finally coming to its' senses. The title of today's Opinion piece is "Teacher union interest is not the public interest".

No comments:

Post a Comment