This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

TAXES ALWAYS RISING WHILE BENEFITS FALLING



I recently received a very nicely written letter from the allegedly Honourable Diane Finley , Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development. She is assurring my wife and I that her government and party ie. the Harper Conservatives are looking out for myself and other seniors. Really? She and they are looking out for our best interests by cutting our Old Age Security eligibilty from age 65 to age 67. This will not affect me initially because I'm in my 63rd year and it will be phased in. My wife on the other hand is ten years younger than I and is working full time. Now after I've been on C.P.P. and OAS for ten years she will not be able to retire and collect her old age security at 65 years of age. This will affect both of us as that RIGHT has been part of our retirement planning for years. We are not well off and a good part of that can be laid at the door of right wing governments like yours who have always made a mockery of workers rights, most especially non union workers rights. Whether provincial or federal your Ministrys of Labour are and always have been a farce. Secondly it is right wing governments like yours that have financially punished whistle blowers like myself. I'm known locally as the Varnicolor whistleblower, in reference to my involvement in ending horrible and gross pollution from Varnicolor Chemical in Elmira. Only now are we confirming their involvement in shutting down the drinking water supply for all of Elmira twenty-three years ago. Nevertheless local employers still discriminate against me for sending one of their own to jail twenty years ago.

Although doing well now my wife is a two time cancer survivor and how she will be doing at age 65 is anyone's guess. Regardless after raising two children and working both part time and mostly full time her whole life she should be permitted to retire with her full pension at age 65. Thank You Diane Finley and Stephen Harper for screwing us. Thank you for spending hundreds of millions of dollars stupidly over decades while assurring me that you can't afford to pay us our pensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment