This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WATERLOO REGIONAL POLICE CRY THE BLUES



It must be tough being a cop and being on a budget. In the March 22/12 Waterloo Region Record Brent Davis has the following story "Chief makes pitch for more resources". Allegedly the public meeting was to discuss the Regional Police 2012-2014 strategic business plan but a skeptic might be forgiven for thinking it had to do with the black eye the local cops have gotten for their idiotic behaviour and overeaction in the Jesse Sansone case. Regardless Chief Torrigan used the opportunity to pitch for more money from beleagured taxpayers. Allegedly fifty police officers were recently removed from the investigative units and redeployed to front line patrol. I see that as a good thing when the investigative units have enough manpower to put full time infiltraters into local activist groups ahead of the G20. Don't get me wrong here. There is a time and place for this and I suspect that the undercover cop in the Nadia Gehl murder case was a good move. Also Chief Torrigan bemoans only having three cops available for the school resources program. Well once again referring to the Jesse Sansone case as well as personal experience; far too many idiot teachers and principals use our regional police for their personal vendettas and ego/authority power trips. Good riddance if the police are now too busy to go looking for trouble that doesn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment