This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A FIRM COMMITMENT TO EXTINCTION



This posting deals with nuclear waste. It's fair to say that the more I learn about the environment, the more appalled I become. Similarily the more I learn about mankind's penchant for short term profit and their ability to rationalize just about anything, the more concerned I become. Wayne MacDonald is a former publisher of the Record and is now retired in the Southampton/Port Elgin area. These towns are now referred to as Saugeen Shores. His Opinion piece was in Saturday's Waterloo Region Record and is titled "We can't turn a blind eye any longer to nuclear waste".

The basic problem is that there town council are entertaining the very bad idea of hosting the Deep Geological Repository of spent nuclear waste. In short they want to bury it up in Bruce Coubnty by Lake Huron. What a fabulous idea. Our great, great grandchildren can then spend their days dealing with the radioactivity. Governments got us into this mess but they can't obviously get us out of it, if this is their best idea. Nuclear power has always been dangerous. This danger, namely waste disposal, needs a whole lot more consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment