This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ONTARIO MINISTRY OF THE ENVIRONMENT CREDIBILITY CALLED INTO QUESTION (Yet Again)



I despise credentialism. I like facts, truth, fair debate and exchange of ideas and opinions. Apparently I'm in the minority with my strong dislike of credentialism. Perhaps my dislike is based upon more than two decades of watching credentialed experts abuse their education and experience in exchange for the almighty dollar. Sure we all have to make a dollar but pretending to speak on behalf of the public good while spouting client driven drivel is beyond the pale.

After saying that I am now going to use the very recent, game changing opinions and actions of credentialed experts, ordinary citizens and believe it or not a municipal council. Starting last Thursday, the Chemtura Public Advisory Committee (CPAC) have lit a huge bonfire under the bloated, arrogant, pompous butt of the Ontario M.O.E.. They and their partners in pollution (Chemtura) have only just started to squeal their outrage. I'll be honest it does give me immense personal satisfaction to see Woolwich Council accept the Resolution presented to them last evening from CPAC. This Resolution essentially advises Council and all other parties that CPAC have examined the position of Chemtura, their consultants and the M.O.E. and found it ridiculous. The cleanup of the groundwater in Elmira scheduled to be completed by 2028 will not be possible under the current regieme. Furthermore CPAC have clearly accused the Ontario M.O.E. of having entered into a self serving agreement with the polluter namely Uniroyal/Chemtura. This agreement or "sweetheart deal" indemnifies Uniroyal/Chemtura from liability for pollution on their site that was known as of 1991.

Therefore this citizen Resolution as well as Woolwich Committee of the Whole endorsement of it, is a direct repudiation of all the horse manure, misdirection, bafflegab and overall mushroom treatment given to Elmira citizens over the last twenty-three years by their provincial government, local polluter and assorted hangers on. Every once in a while government fueled, initiated and promoted bullshit gets thrown back into their face by citizens who've had quite enough Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment