This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

TORIES GO ABOUT THEIR NASTY BUSINESS



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this Opinion piece "Harper's war against wages, the environment" written by Thomas Walkom. This war or revolution is done silently and with stealth so as not to alarm the population who might otherwise object. The Omnibus Bill currently before parliamnt dealing with the budget also unfortunately carrys these attacks on wages and the environment. They include eliminating eligibility for Employment Insurance as well as reducing eligibilty for social programs. Quoting Mr. Walkom "Rather the revolution is economic. It is aimed at eliminating regulations-particularily environmental regulations-that interfere in profit making. It is aimed at reducing wages (which is why the Conservatives take swipes at unions whenever possible). It is aimed at scaling back any social programs-from old age security to employment insurance- that helps to keep wages up." These are only part of the reason why I am proud to say that I have never voted Conservative in my life. Most average Canadians who vote Tory are not bad people. They are exactly however what the Tories/Conservatives want and that is uninformed people. This is what unfortunately drives democracies namely uninformed citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment