This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

ABSURDITY OF THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM



The good news is that the theatre of the absurd doesn't only infect the Canadian judicial system. The Waterloo Region Record back on July 30/12 had this story "Boat captain loses hand, faces gator feeding charge". My first , second and third impression was "Are they nuts?" . The guy's only got two hands. Is this charge a deterrent so that he doesn't risk his remaining hand? Then there is the matter of "feeding an alligator". Is he charged for dangling the fish over the side or is he charged for feeding the alligator his hand? Finally why is he charged with a second-degree misdemeanour for potentially giving the critter indigestion (his hand) but the wildlife officers who tracked and killed the alligator aren't penalized?

Here in Canada at least our judicial system attempt not to behave in a fashion that will bring the administration of justice into disrepute. Of course they fail all the time but at least they are aware that malicious or frivolous law enforcement will reflect very badly upon them. Apparently not so for our south of the border cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment