This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, September 7, 2012

O.K. O.K. SO IT IS UNION BUSTING



I've been resisting mightily criticizing the McGuinty Liberal government for their plans to rein in teachers' extravagant pay and benefits. Well actually in fact I suppose I've more or less said a pox on both their houses. I guess I've made it clear that I think the former best buddys deserve each other. McGuinty is throwing the teachers under the bus for political reasons ie. he thinks that finally public sentiment is against them and so he's finally going to do what he should have done a long time ago.

The problem is how he's going about it. Today's Waterloo Region Record has this story "Hearings on contentious teachers' bill wrap up after less than 24 hours". In that article "Andrew Lokan, counsel to the Canadian Civil liberties Association, said the bill is unconstituional and undemocratic by quashing the right to strike." Further he added "The government has called this bill the Putting Students First Act, but a more honest title would be "Putting Democracy Last," . Yeah even I had to admit the hypocrisy in the name of that bill.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The system of negotiated settlements between School Boards and the teachers' unions is pathetic, incestuous and self serving. In other words just about the same as McGuinty's partisan, self serving Putting Students First Act. A pox on both their houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment