This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A WAKE UP CALL FOR TEACHERS



Today's Waterloo Region Record has an Opinion piece by Luisa D'Amato titled "Some advice for unhappy teachers". Luisa's first two sentences are worth quoting namely "Almost every teacher that I know personally is a wonderful individual- generous, kind, hard-working, knowledgeable. So how come they can turn into such boneheads when they act as a group?".

Oh Luisa that is precious and oh so true. I believe there's an area of study known as group dynamics. Perhaps that might explain how like thinking people can and will act stupidly in a group but when on their own are much more careful in their behaviour.

Long story short Luisa is basically advising teachers as a whole to use their numbers and their "considerable political muscle" to affect the upcoming Liberal leadership convention to choose a leader more to their liking. In my opinion that means another individual who will sell out Ontarians without "considerable political muscle" to those who have it ie. teachers. This by the way reinforces my posting of the other day (Tues. Nov. 20/12) in regards to income being a factor not of individual skills as much as due to abilty to out muscle other groups ie brute political power.

Finally Luisa is politely asking teachers to quit using children and students as pawns in their neverending political fights to extract more from provincial taxpayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment