This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TEACHERS NEED PUBLIC SUPPORT



Back on Septemebr 12/12 Luisa D'Amato wrote an Opinion piece basically praising techers overall. I commented here in the Advocate that it was a moving testimonial to the positive influence teachers have on our children. At the same time Luisa suggested that the techers really should try and take the high road in regards to their dispute with Liberal leader Dalton McGuinty.

It's my opinion that McGuinty basically handed them the high ground with his perogation of the Ontario legislature and suspension of legislation. Unfortunately today's Waterloo Region Record informs us that "Teachers set for job action". The high ground basically meant not using students as pawns in their battle with the province. Apparently that isn't going to happen.

Coincidentally I was speaking just yesterday to a retired teacher whom I've known for many years. He had learned of local proposed "action" about to occur at our nearby high school. He was mostly disappointed with his former union. Basically he understands how good all the teachers had it under the provincial Liberal administration for many years. Now he suspects that the teachers union actions are going to backfire and drive voters towards Tim Hudak and the Conservatives. He's probably right and boy then the teachers just might wake up and smell the coffee. Job "action" now will not gain them public support whatsoever. Just the exact opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment