This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A FACELIFT FOR ORNGE



As per the December 20, 2012 Waterloo Region Record, Ornge Air Ambulance has snagged Ontario's Chief Coroner as their new Chief Executive Officer. Apparently Dr. McCallum comes with an excellent history and bachground and I certainly hope that he hasn't stepped into a pit of vipers. This comment might seem at first a tad strong until one recalls the last year's revelations surrounding Ornge. They had a CEO making $1.4 Million per year while they were under a criminal probe for financial irregularities. Other issues include alleged kickbacks and "heavy-duty nepotism". Ornge also faced criticism over occasional slow response times to emergencies including not having enough paramedics on call, at all times. The title of the Record article is "Ornge appoints Ontario's chief coroner as new CEO".

No comments:

Post a Comment