This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, January 18, 2013

CAMBRIDGE COUNCILLOR (REID) GETTING BAD PRESS



O.K. this posting believe it or not has to do with Cambridge Councillor Donna Reid reneging on a promise made to a fellow Councillor (Cowsill) two years ago. While the incident itself is less than earth shattering; perhaps the attitude of Councillor Reid is not. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys Luisa D'Amato's Opinion piece titled "Rules shouldn't be bent to suit whims of one councillor". Luisa's opinion makes numerous references to three year olds' behaviour and logic and it's all aimed at Councillor Reid. I tend to strongly agree with Luisa and I might add as do the vast majority of commenters on this matter on the Cambridge Advocate website. Before going further though I should add that I'm not totally unbiased in this matter. I noted with concern and shock two years ago when Councillor Reid was elected to Cambridge Council. I had only met her from a distance years ago (across a courtroom) and still remember being quite nonplussed by her apparent rage and anger at folks on my side of the courtroom. I found this both weird and strange as I was positive I'd never seen her in my life before. Later on that day I was advised that she was the head of one of the teachers' unions and was there in support of a teacher. While I could understand that it was her job to support a member, what I still to this day did not understand was her quite obvious incredibly strong emotional and evisceral attitude towards persons she knew nothing about. It was totally unprofessional and immature and quite frankly did nothing to advance any attempt to pretend objectivity, sincerity or honesty. Whatever bias I have just admitted to, hers was a thousand times greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment