This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

FCS of WATERLOO REGION IS BEING AUDITED BY THE PROVINCE



Today's Waterloo Region Record advises us in their story "Child-welfare agency audited" that the audit is not a strictly financial one. A ministry (children and youth services) spokesperson stated "...the local agency was selected for the review because "service and financial data, expenditure and service themes were identified that were not in line with societies that serve similar communities in Ontario."".

This audit is to take two weeks and involves budgets, policies and procedures. Apparently there will be interviews with staff and families serviced by Family & Children's Services. I'm curious as to who picks the families to be interviewed. I'm also curious as to what executive director Allison Scott means when she refers to "referrals" to her agency. Are these third party, anonymous or otherwise, referrals or are they families voluntarily approaching FCS for help. Finally I'm also a little bit curious abut the dichotomy between Allison Scott's characterization of this provincial audit versus what both the provincial spokesperson and Record reporter Frances Barrick said it included.

No comments:

Post a Comment