This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, January 25, 2013

WHO IS "MANAGEMENT" AT GRAND VALLEY INSTITUTION?



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Guard rebuked after aiding Smith". Now we are starting to get to the meat of the matter more than five years too late for Ashley Smith. Unamed "management" rebuked and threatened jail guards for aiding Ashley Smith, allegedly perematurely. After one incident in which a guard removed a ligature from Ashley Smith's neck, the guard was told "You are not a psychologist, you are not a warden. This is my institution, I will run it as I see fit,".

It is high time that the senior managers and bureaucrats who did or did not follow procedures which allowed a mentally ill inmate to choke herself to death be named and be held accountable. One of the guards at the scene was initially charged with criminal negligence but from testimony to date he had long been asking permission to remove multiple ligatures sooner rather than later. In response he was threatened with both administrative discipline and even possibly criminal assault charges if he removed ligatures "prematurely". The idiots in charge and making these ultimately fatal decisions are long overdue for justice. Perhaps the rot mermeates the system and is beyond tinkering and bandaid solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment