This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LIBERALS "SEAT SAVER" PROGRAM BACK IN THE NEWS



While I am no fan of the Conservatives nevertheless I acknowledge that they are doing their job as an opposition party in the provincial legislature. That job is to hold the government accountable and if that means holding their feet to the fire in regards to various provincial scandals then so be it. The two that immediately come to mind are of course Ornge ambulance service and the two cancelled gas plants. I'm not sure if it was the Tories or the NDP who coined the phrase the Liberals "seat saver" program, but it sure is a good one.

Both yesterday's and today's Waterloo Region Record carry stories about the cancelled gas plants. Yesterday's is titled " Wynne, McGuinty may have to testify about cancelled gas plants". Today's is "Premier to testify about cancelled gas plants". The legislative committee looking into this scandal was adjourned along with the legislature, courtesy of former Premier McGuinty. His house was crumbling and coming down until he perogued the legislature allowing time for a leadership convention. Well now it's time for this still minority, scandal ridden government to face the music. Quoting Cambridge MPP Rob Leone "We will be asking both Kathleen Wynne and Dalton McGuinty to testify because we feel that they both have a role with respect to spending taxpayer dollars to save Liberal seats,". Those taxpayer dollars are from $230 million and up. This is but one example as to why our taxes are so high. Waste and mismangement are forever with government apparently but this is way beyond the pale. Look forward to a new election but no one other than you and I paying for this boondoggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment