This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

NEITHER SCIENTISTS NOR CITIZENS ARE AMUSED



Recently I was advised of a website dealing with the issue of our federal government muzzling scientists. This is the website of Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party as well as a federal member of parliament. I've read Ms. May's report and yes it is indeed chilling. If there is any remotely good reason for the actions of the federal government then advising us sooner than later is called for. Since the start of 2013 there have been at least two directives to scientists within the DFO (Department of Fisheries and Oceans) curtailing their ability to both apply for research grants and to publish their findings in scientific journals.

What also raises concerns appears to be the federal government's wish to have it both ways. In other words not only do they wish to control (muzzle) they also want to be able to deny that they are doing any such thing. Blatant disregard for obvious truths is not the way to convince skeptics. If you've got any remotely kind of rationale for what you are doing then share it. Fibbing does not improve your credibility but only reinforces your critics when you are found out. Hence the Harper government needs to reconsider exactly what they are trying to accomplish here.

No comments:

Post a Comment