This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, April 29, 2013

EMPLOYEE SAFETY IN ONTARIO IS A DISGRACE



Construction, agriculture and factories are the culprits. Today's Waterloo Region Record has the following story "National Day of Mourning calls for greater protection of workers". Mark Xuereb, longtime local activist and currently president of the Waterloo Regional labour Council advises that 298 workers were killed on the job in Ontario last year. He believes that the actual numbers are much higher as 38% of workplaces in the province are not covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and hence statistics not kept for them. "The only way to prevent more deaths from occurring is to improve regulations and hold accountable those at fault for injuries, illnesses and deaths.". "We have a long way to go, Xuereb said.".

No comments:

Post a Comment