This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

LABOUR SHORTAGES MY BUTKUS



There are times when you just have to tell the right wing to f... off. Both government and business enjoy pretending that Canada is in a permanent serious skills and labour shortage. It is and always has been bullshit of the cruelest sort. Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record had this story "Job vacancies fall to lowest in 2 years". Various experts are interviewed in this article and the concensus is that the facts simply do not bear out what business is trying to sell. Even the federal politicians are beginning to acknowledge that things like temporary foreign worker programs have been abused by Canadian employers. They are no more than cheap labour programs taking employment from Canadians while saving employers money. Similarily so called skills shortages are nothing more than Canadian employers avoiding having to train local workers and then pay decent wages. As far as 6.5 workers chasing each and every job, I've got news for you. There are twice as many who no longer qualify for E.I. and who aren't even considered part of the unemployed statistics looking for work. This is the shame of Canada whereby when there isn't enough work our government brings in more workers to work for less money. AND they insult those native Canadians who can't find jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment