This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, May 10, 2013

CHARBONNEAU COMMISSION KEEPS ON EXPOSING CORRUPTION



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story: "Ex-Laval mayor arrested for gangsterism". Gilles Vaillancourt was known as "The Monarch" for much of his political life. He has now been arrested on numerous criminal charges which include gangsterism ie. directing a criminal organization. For anyone who ever thought that corruption wasn't rampant in Quebec, this last couple of years have been an eyeopener.

The basic corruption revolved around the awarding of public construction projects. Numerous bureaucrats, politicians and construction figures have been charged to date and the extent of the defrauding of the public is massive. Over paying contracts using public money apparently had become an artform. Frankly I was initially skeptical that anyone would rock the boat, implicate themselves or provoke the ire of wealthy criminal groups. Apparently to date I've been wrong as the Commission seems to be hitting paydirt repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment