This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

OMBUDSMAN BLOWS THE WHISTLE ON GUARDS BRUTALIZING PRISONERS



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Ontario jail staff committing brazen acts of violence". What I find astounding is the lack or the word "alleged" throughout this story. This story is reporting upon a 135 page report written by our provincial ombudsman, Andre Marin. Words are not minced and examples given are very nasty. The ombudsman also focuses on the code of silence whereby guards don't tell on each other. He states in regards to the silence "I've never seen it so entrenched, so pervasive.". Apparently a minority of guards are acting as bullys and intimidating prisoners and some fellow guards alike. Clearly those that are supposed to be in charge are not. Equally clearly when you hear the bleating now starting among politicians, they are only beginning to care as the issue has become public. Their lack of empathy and humanity has probably allowed this situation to fester and get worse over a long period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment