This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, June 24, 2013

POLICE OFFICER CONVICTED OF BEATING CITIZEN



Neither the blue wall nor the courts were able to get this officer off the hook. The citizen's name was Jason Stern and he was beaten badly and charged by Officer Nevill with assault and intent to resist. "However, charges against Stern were dropped after video surveillance emerged showing the officer attacking him without provocation, and beating him even after handcuffing him, leaving a pool of blood on the floor.". This story is in last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record and is titled "Police officer in Barrie found guilty of assault". It is my opinion that every police department has a few officer Nevill's on the payroll and they are way too hard to get rid of. This is also why I have a bit of difficulty getting worked up over a few of our Waterloo Regional Police officers indulging in recreational marijuana use. Yes it's illegal and yes it sets a bad example. Compared however to this grotesque abuse of authority in Barrie, the marijuana use is essentially a victimless crime.

Every year there are citizen complaints against police officers for excessive use of force. Every year the officers get exonerated. Is this due to the blue wall and judges who give more credibility to officers than compalinants or is it a simple lack of unbiased witnesses and or video surveillance? I would really like to know how many times Officer Nevill in Barrie has had complaints against him for excessive force or assault during his career. Why do I find it almost impossible to believe that he got caught redhanded on his very first assault of an innocent citizen?

No comments:

Post a Comment