This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CHILDRENS' AID ie. FAMILY & CHILDRENS' SERVICES



Our local FCS has come under appropriate criticism for their part in things like the Jesse Sansone case. In this instance a young father was arrested and charged because one idiot teacher and one idiot FCS overeacted to a crayon drawing by a young child showing her father protecting her from a "bad guy". The father in the drawing had a gun. Similarily the Julian Ichim website often has major criticism of the FCS for allegedly overeacting and stepping in and seizing children unecessarily. Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Child welfare agency too quick to intervene: audit".One interesting quote from the provincial audit is there are "more admissions per 1,000 children than other child-welfare agencies in similar-sized communities...".

I see some conflict between the provincial agency and our local one. I truly don't have all the facts and am hesitant to suggest as to how significant these findings in the audit are. That being said I am sure that there are local families who have had their children seized perhaps prematurely or inappropriately. I still think there needs to be more accountability of our local FCS but don't know if this audit will be helpful or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment