This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MORE ANTI - POLICE PROTESTS IN TORONTO



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Groups call for action on police shootings". Hundreds of protesters gathered outside police headquarters in Toronto yesterday demanding justice for the shooting and tasering of Sammy Yatin. Apparently there have been coroners' inquests into Toronto police shootings in the past but that their recommendations have not been adopted. It was also suggested by the mother of a police victim that Chief Bill Blair's announcement of a review by retired Justice O'Connor was essentially window dressing. Ruth Schaefer also said that "...police need to have more of an emphasis on de-escalation rather than using force, but what's needed is action, not more studies and inquests.". Amen to that. Whenever our authorities screwup a little they blame the victim but when they screwup big time and get caught then another "study" is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment