This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

ONTARIO HOSPITALS ADMIT TO 36 SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECTS



Ten of the adverse effects were fatal, twenty-six patients had their health severely jeopardized. The real question isn't the number reported, it's the actual number of medication errors per year, per hospital and per region. I've had two close relatives hospitalized in the last five years. Both of them were on the receiving end of medication errors but neither of those would have made a list of severe harm or death. They were lucky, no thanks to the idiots in charge of the medication. Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record has this story "Medication errors led to severe harm or death in 36 Ontario patients in one year, report says". Plus I just recalled a friend died a few years back after a heart attack that saw him get to Grand River Hospital, given blood thinners and then bleed to death on the operating table. There is an old saying that doctors bury their mistakes. I wonder exactly who determines when an error has or has not taken place?

No comments:

Post a Comment