This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

JUSTICE GOLDSTEIN SENTENCES BOB VERDUN TO HOUSE ARREST



Today's Waterloo Region Advocate carrys this story "Verdun avoids jail sentence". Well this is good news it is very thin good news. There is a 90 day house arrest plus 18 months probation and 200 hours of community service. Justice Goldstein stated that "jail should be the last resort in cases like this". He also stated that "Verdun didn't break a court order for personal gain, but rather because he felt it was his moral obligation.".

Having personal experience with Libel laws and our judicial system I have absolutely zero confidence in the "system". I do however have incredible confidence in extremely wealthy individuals being able to buy justice in this country. I did not attend the original Libel trial nor this contempt of court charge leading to yesterday's sentencing. I have however seen Bob Verdun in action here in Elmira and have considerable respect for his integrity and making accurate conclusions from the evidence available. Bob showed little tolerance for either corporate executives of Uniroyal and even less for bureaucrats from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment. Bob was right on both counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment