This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, January 24, 2014

MEDICAL MARIJUANA RULES BEING RELAXED?



Today's Waterloo Region Record actually has two articles dealing with medical marijuana. The one is titled "NFL looks at medical marijuana to treat concussions, head injuries" and the other written by a recently retired police officer is titled "Do we really know if medical marijuana is safe?". The former police officer, Gary Askin advises us that the new rules can be found on the Health Canada website under marijuana for medical purposes regulations. While his article certainly isn't an example of the decades old "Reefer Madness" style of public information; it is however a little bit alarmist. Mr. Askin asks whether or not medical marijuana is safe and he eventually answers his own question by stating that Health Canada does not know that answer.

The article referring to the National Football League's search for help for players sufferring head injuries informs us that many NFL players are already using it for pain managaement. Also studies are underway as to whether marijuana can actually help heal head trauma. These articles have a personal interest for me as a close relative is still sufferring the effects of a stroke many years ago. If medical marijuana can help him then I believe his family and doctors have a responsibility to pursue this.

No comments:

Post a Comment