This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, January 3, 2014

ONE MORE PAST EXAMPLE OF REGIONAL POLICE OUT OF CONTROL



The title of the article in the Waterloo Region Record is "Lawyer who says he was wrongly detained settles suit with police, gets $5,000". This article however was in the paper February 2012. I'm assuming I just simply missed it at the time. Nevertheless it clearly exemplifies the mindset that police have. What I would like to see is every citizen who is harassed by the police having the means to haul their butts into court. That is by far the best way to address abuses of authority that some officers otherwise appear unable to understand. The other way of course would be an independent, transparent and legitimate investigative body to handle citizen complaints regarding police behaviour and misbehaviour. The problem with that is of course just getting another tame body with no independence or authority on its' own.

No comments:

Post a Comment