This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

THANK YOU WATERLOO REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD



Similar to my favourite polluter in Elmira, Ontario; the Waterloo Region District School Board have a talent for regularily shooting themselves in the foot. Every time I feel that they are winning the taxpayer paid for public relations war to deceive those same taxpayers, they do something with horrible optics. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "$1M boardroom renovation defended".

Now I'm the first to admit that they haven't wasted $1 million on pizzas or luxury vacations for trustees or senior staff. Well that is as far as I know they haven't. One thing I am confident of is if that ever occurred and they got caught I'm sure they would have a perfectly reasonable explanation for it. Afterall having spent taxpayers money on "branding" we should all know by now that they love children and children are their number one priority. Or at least we should believe that.

All that being said I have to admit that $1 million dollars on renovating a single room seems a tad excessive. Were tenders required? Were there competing bids? Do any senior staff or trustees have brothers-in-law in the business? Staff reporter Jeff Outhit has once again done the citizens and taxpayers of Waterloo Region a service. At a time of closing schools and changing bus times to allegedly save money; the timing if not the cost does seem inappropriate. I hope the Record continue to keep an eye on these good folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment