This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, February 3, 2014

JEFF OUTHIT ADVISES US OF LRT COSTS



Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story by Jeff Outhit "Rail transit comes at a high cost". Jeff advises us that the proposed rail transit is already crowding out other regional government priorities. The three examples he gives are 1) Roads are being allowed to decay 2) Welfare benefits have been effectively cut and 3) The region's funding plan for LRT has been upset via a $1 million decrease prior to the October 2014 election, in planned annual transit increases. According to Jeff "Politicians may assure you rail transit is affordable. Three budget decisions say otherwise.".

No comments:

Post a Comment