This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, March 21, 2014

LUISA D'AMATO SKEWERS THE WATERLOO REGION DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD AGAIN



O.K. O.K. I admit a little tad of bias here. I love Luisa's well informed opinions on both teachers and our local school boards. At the same time I think she's dead wrong about supporting the LRT. There you go! Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys Luisa's Opinion piece titled "For teachers, an advanced degree should be its own reward". Her article speaks to a number of issues including indirectly credentialism. Do advanced degrees for example make better teachers? Luisa's last paragraph mentions the profession of journalism. "But we're judged by the quality of our work, not by the accumulation of framed diplomas on the walls of our homes.". Both my children have framed diplomas and degrees but neither are better farmers, plumbers or carpenters or most importantly future parents because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment