This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

NOSEBLEED IN HOSPITAL CAUSES DEATH???



Today's Waterloo Region Record on the front page has this story "Nosebleed led to man's death: court". Apparently this gentleman and his friend, while in a drunken stupor, got into a fight. The friend threw a wineglass which upon impact caused a nosebleed. A trip to hospital followed by nearly two days in hospital and the man was dead to multiple organ failures caused by blood loss. The cause of death was "blunt force trauma to the nose". According to the Crown Attorney "It caused bleeding that they could just never get under control.'.

Who beside me isn't buying this as the full story? Who besides me wonders how in the 21st century anyone bleeds to death after two days in a hospital particularily from external bleeding. I've heard of blood vessels in the nose requiring cauterization to stop bleeding. Was this done? I am also aware of human error in hospitals. A person has a heart attack and they go to hospital. Relatively routine surgery is required and the patient is given blood thinners to help the blood get by a blockage until it can be removed. Too late they determine the patient was already on blood thinners and they die unnecessarily from blood loss during surgery. This front page story requires significantly deeper research and investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment