This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, March 10, 2014

PROTESTS AGAINST BILL C-23



Protesters were out in downtown Guelph last Saturday in regards to the proposed federal Fair Elections Act (Bill C-23). Apparently if you're a Harper Conservative you think that shifting powers away from the Chief Electorals Officer as well as raising the limits on both political donations as well as on campaign spending is a benefit to democracy. The protesters as well as opposition MPs believe the typically poorly named legislation is more of a tool to help the Conservatives re-election chances. The title of the article in today's Waterloo Region Record is "Voter "fraud" still not addressed" as this Bill also ignores the Robocalls scandal and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment