This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, March 7, 2014

SO MAYBE THE PROVINCIAL LIBERALS AREN'T AS DUMB AS WE THINK



Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Ombudsman powers expanded by province". The so called MUSH sector has been unfortunately exempt from the Ombudsman's oversight forever. MUSH stands for Municipalities, Universities, Schools and Hospitals. Well the barely governing Liberals in a stroke of genius have proposed legislation to bring municipalities, universities and schools under the Ombudsman's investigative umbrella. Further they have proposed a new patient ombudsman for hospitals, lomh term care homes and community care access centres. Unfortunately it also appears that Childrens' Aid Societies are still exempt from the Ombudsman's oversight.

This is a political stroke of genius because what parrty really wants to anger the public by defeating the minority Liberals with this overdue progressive legislation in the works?

No comments:

Post a Comment