This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

THANK YOU PETER SHAWN TAYLOR



Today's Waterloo Region Record has an Opinion piece titled "There is still one way to stop the LRT". It basically advises the citizens of Waterloo Region that their last kick at the LRT can is via turfing as many as possible of the regional councillors who voted for it in this fall's municipal elections. . This article is also a lesson in democracy. Citizens can and do have the right to reverse decisions that are allegedly cast in stone. Yes if you're going to cancel contracts etc. there will be financial penalties but if you believe it's the wrong deal at the wrong time then so be it. Currently Waterloo and Cambridge do not support LRT. The number of Kitchener Councillors seems to have carried the day along with some rural Townships Councillors. If enough people pay attention this could be a real dandy municipal election including greater voter turnout. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment