This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Monday, April 14, 2014

CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT CONTINUES TO BREAK THE LAW



Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Supreme Court softens Tories time-served law". Our federal government seem to think that they and not the Supreme Court take precedence in law making. Governments come and go whereas principles of law and sentencing should survive various ideological biases. The Conservatives Truth in Sentencing Act had come under fire before as it has again. This ruling is but one more rebuke of the federal Conservatives' so called law and order agenda. It seems clear that their law and order agenda is merely window dressing for partisan political motives and does little to address crime in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment