This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"CORPORATE GREED ATTACKING THE POOR AND VULNERABLE"



Yesterday's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Honouring workers killed on the job". It was the National Day of Mourning and the ceremony held at Waterloo City hall was more sombre than usual. Two local residents have died recently on the job, namely Nick Lalonde and Chris Crawford. The minister speaking to the crowd was Oscar Cole-Arnal and he wasn't pulling any punches referring to the dead as having been "...murdered at the workplace...". Further he referred to the two to three hundred deaths in Ontario last year from accidents or occupational diseases as being the result of corporate greed. He would like to see workplace killing be designated as a crime with offenders sent to jail. "Kill a worker, go to jail". Catherine Fife (NDP) and Liz Witmer (P.C.) were present and also spoke.

I'm 64 years old and I worked in factories and construction for decades. Never did I see an Ontario Ministry of Labour inspector on site during working hours. I worked for non union companies who didn't give a crap about health and safety issues and they had the accidents to prove it. As long as workers are receiving serious on the job injuries and dying; then you know the balance of power is solely on the side of the corporate owners. All the rest is talk and puffery especially by politicians who have never gotten their precious little pinkies dirty on the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment