This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

MORE WATERLOO REGION DECEPTION



Last Saturday's Waterloo Region Record carried Jeff Outhit's article titled "Politicians peddle Ion rail with infomercial gimmicks and shell games. Jeff pricks the Region's accounting balloon big time. Average homeowners allegedly will only pay an additional $11 per year in taxes to pay for the LRT. Jeff shows the numbers are closer to $77 per year per homeowner when all is considered. He goes into details as to how regional polticians justify their creative accounting. Isn't it reassuring to know that politicians at all levels have mastered the fine art of puffery and deception and ours are no exception. It's not about you or me, it's all about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment