This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

PROVINCIAL MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION MISSING IN ACTION?



On April 28/14 the Waterloo Region Record carried this story "Commercial vehicle safety blitz finds 1 in 6 unsafe". This was a jont venture between several regional/municipal police forces and the Ontario Provincial Police. Noticeably absent in this story is any mention whatsoever of the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MOT). 71 Highway Traffic act charges were laid on 124 vehicles stopped for inspection. 22 of these commercial vehicles were pulled off the road. The more serious charges included defective brakes, improper tires and improperly secured loads. Personally having driven trucks commercially for decades I can attest to the absolute rarity of ever having your vehicle stopped and examined even for the most basic safety issues. It kind of makes you wonder just what the MOT are doing with the hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayers money they are spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment