This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

DO CONSERVATIVES EAT THEIR YOUNG?



The only other time in my life I heard that above epithet was at the Willowdale Fitness Institute Toronto and it was in reference to tennis players eating their young. While obviously a gross (grotesque) exaggeration nevertheless like most good jokes it requires at least a little bit of truth in it. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Hudak stepping down early following revolt".

O.K. so maybe this is one of the few times I'm going to say something complimentary about a Conservative. Yes maybe it's because I feel badly about someone who's down getting kicked by his own friends and colleagues. In the past I have understood and supported the Conservatives believing that Teachers and their unions need a serious reality check. Other than education however I've precious little common ground with Tories. This I will say about Tim Hudak. No good deed goes unpunished and his good deed was in telling the truth while in the midst of a pack of liars. I too misunderstood his early comment about reducing public servants by 100,000 bodies. Only later did I hear key words such as attrition. Also later on I read a number claiming that Ontario has either 1.1 or 1.2 Million public servants! Holy crap If Tim had used a slightly different chronology to get his message out he might well be the new premier of Ontario. 100,000 less of over a million public servants probably makes sense. I'm just waiting now for the Liberals and their majority to stop hiring civil servants and let their numbers dwindle via attrition. I wonder if they have the required chutzpah to brag about cutting the deficit via fewer civil servants in the next provincial election. My guess is yes they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment