This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

GENDER DISCRIMINATION JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE



In this case however the female sales executive discriminated against spoke up. She was fired; afterall what kind of a team player doesn't go along with the program as outlined clearly by her male bosses. There were a few minor mitigating circumstances but they were pretty inconsequential in relation to the whole very bad idea. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Firm's men-only ski day ruled discriminatory to female sales executive". Hard to believe that with a title like that (ie. men-only ski day) that anyone would take offense but there it is. I would humblu suggest that this made the news not because it's unusual behaviour in business or industry but rather that the discriminated individual stood up for themselves, said to hell with the consequences and went to the Human rights commission. There are lots of other idiot employers out there to do exactly the same thing next year although rest assurred they will rationalize it to themselves and others, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment