This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, June 20, 2014

SEPARATE & PUBLIC BOARDS TO SHARE A SCHOOL?



Wow talk about the thin edge of the wedge. I understand that I've misunderstood the situation here in Ontario around having a searate system for Catholic students. Last Tuesday in the Waterloo Region Record, Luisa D'Amato wrote an Opinion piece titled "A shared school for public and Catholic students is long overdue". Luisa states that " although Catholic education is constitutionally guaranteed, it has evolved into an indefensible situation in multicultural Ontario.". Apparently parents have come up with an idea to avoid their students being scattered to St. Clements, New Hamburg and Waterloo if the St. Agatha separate school closes. They would like to see a new school in fast growing Baden be opened that could be shared between the two Boards. It has been done sucessfully in other Ontario communities so why not here?

No comments:

Post a Comment