This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

TENT CITY IN VICTORIA PARK KITCHENER



For me various protests by K-W's own Julian Ichim highlight numerous issues that otherwise generally are swept under the carpet. Things like homelessness, unemployment, mental illness and police misconduct especially towards the aforementioned groups wouldn't even be on the public's or media's radar but for Julian and others. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Protesters set up "tent city" in Victoria Park". Their message is that government subsidization of condos and "gentrification" is improper and inappropriate or as Julian states "...public resources are being wasted for the rich.'. At the tent city in Victoria Park workshops will be held this week including "know your rights" seminars on interaction with the police. They are also setting up in Victoria Park to protest the fact that homeless people are regularily forced out of the park by police at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment