This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

TORONTO POLICE CHIEF LOSES JOB



Well the Toronto Police Services Board finally got their shit together. Why did it take them four years after the G20 fiasco and public shaming to finally get rid of their police chief? I seriously doubt that the beleagured Mayor Rob Ford has the pull at Council anymore to have orchestrated this; although undoubtedly the Chief wasn't his favourite person due to Ford's personal problems. Today's Waterloo Region Record carrys this story "Toronto police chief losing job". I am also wondering if last summer's Sammy Yatin shooting and tasering played a role in this. I have long suggested that bad attitudes start from the top and work down. Over time, overly aggressive and hostile attitudes at the top filter down to the rank and file. Also when front line officers behave badly and aren't charged or disciplined that also exacerbates the problem. The behaviour by police four years ago was reprehensible and the discipline up the ladder should have occurred quickly, not years later. There were fortunately charges and at least one conviction of front line officers on a more expeditious basis for unprovoked assaults upon citizens. The mass arrests seemed to have been ignored by our courts to their shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment