This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

THREE OFFICERS FIRED LAST MARCH FOR MISCONDUCT



Last March 25 I posted about the story in the Waterloo Region Record concerning three local police officers who allegedly "broke a sacred trust". That's a little thick and heavy. Yes they behaved both badly and immaturely. Yes some discipline was required. I asked the question last March as to whether dismissal was really the best route to go for anyone's benefit. I believe in hindsight that it was not. These officers have been punished severely both through the Police Act and through the media. They embarassed themselves and their behaviour has been publicly condemned. I also believe that they have given apologies to the citizens whose trust they breached. None of these officers were up on serious criminal charges such as police brutality, graft or corruption. I really don't believe that they are beyond redemption. Their behaviour was thoughtless and immature and that behaviour can be overcome with a combination of guidance and discipline. I believe that they have one last legal opportunity to try and get their jobs back. Come on Waterloo Regional Police Service. Are any of you going to pretend you've never made bad choices? Maybe you didn't get caught and you smartened up. Give these officers a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment