This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

MORE ON OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM



Today's Waterloo Region Record has a very short article updating us on the long running ordeal of Robert latimer, the now 60 year old Saskatchewan farmer who ended the tragic and pain ridden life of his twelve year old daughter approximately eighteen years ago. Mr. Latimer spent thirteen years in jail after being convicted of second degree murder. To my knowledge no one including the Crown or police ever suggested that it was anything more than a mercy killing of a child who had had a terrible life filled with pain and sufferring with more of the same on the horizon when her father piped exhaust into the cab of his truck to end her life. She had severe cerebral palsy her whole life. Mr. latimer while out of custody the last four years still had ridiculous parole conditions on himself which were just lifted recently by the courts. I wonder besides myself how many Canadian citizens but for the grace of God would have done the same thing under the circumstances and also wonder what the hell is wrong with our legal syste.

No comments:

Post a Comment