This Blog will discuss politics, government, corruption, police, S.I.U., courts, education, min. of attorney general, min. of labour, v.o.i.c.e. and other current and past events of interest to concerned citizens. In the "About me" section to the right and down I have included the names of persons whom I have tremendous respect for. Their influence on me however has been primarily environmental (and personal) and this is therefore a disclaimer that all words posted on this Blog/Website are mine and I alone am responsible for them. I say this with the greatest respect and affection to my friends.

Friday, September 12, 2014

POLITICIANS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO HUMAN WEAKNESSES



Twenty-three years ago after Severin Argenton of Varnicolor Chemical was charged with numerous environmental offenses in Elmira, Ontario he bragged that they were all "paperwork" offenses. In other words he was saying that there were no pollution charges per se and that therefore he hadn't polluted. In hindsight it was just more blatant lies as pollution charges were eventually laid after more media pressure on the Ministry of Environment.

Here in Elmira the question is whether or not our Mayor intentionally or inadvertently had his conference, mileage and meal costs expensed to both Woolwich Township and the Region of Waterloo. While there really is no permittable excuse for either one obviously the intentional decision would be much worse. This is the question that has gone to the Waterloo Regional Police.

While I do not know the answer to that question I have another one. If and I say if it was done intentionally then I would be led to believe that there must be some incredible financial pressure on the mayor. The newspaper claims that his income from Woolwich Township, the Region and a number of Boards (eg. GRCA) he is on exceeds $100,000 per year. To jeopardize that income for a measly $2,700 intentionally would be the act of a desperate man. This again is not making excuses but it is perhaps suggesting that circumstances and human weakness combined would explain (not excuse) intentional behaviour. If as he has claimed it was unintentional without intent to defraud or steal then sadly that reflects upon his competence. All in all this is a human tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment